Search results

1. keithburgun

Vote for the May '18 Game Design Book Club!

Looks like Solar Settlers overtook it for now. But we'll do a thing where if a game is chosen for the book club we can't choose it again for like at least a year or something so we'll get good circulation.
  2. keithburgun

Happy Snake awesome art thread

Also this
  3. keithburgun

Happy Snake awesome art thread

Happy snake did a DINOFARM LOGO: Great comic: High Res Snake: Equivoque Fan Art!! (Bundt and Snake!)) Some PTL (now ETO) fan art comic! And this great bee: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/921350103645999104 And this OTHER great dinofarm logo Post more great snake art!!
  4. keithburgun

All-Day Stream this coming Saturday, the 28th!

Hey Dinofarm fans! We're almost finished with Jelly Bomber, and on the 28th we're going to take a strong stab at actually completing the game. Come by anytime on that Saturday, from 11AM to 11PM EST and see us attempting to finish a game! (Also, of course, subscribe to not miss our lovely...
  5. keithburgun

Vote for the May '18 Game Design Book Club!

Time to vote! Vote for as many games as you want. If you haven't already, read THIS THREAD for more information about why people nominated what they did. The highest ranking COMMUNITY GAME and the highest ranking NON COMMUNITY GAME will be selected for the Book Club, and we'll play those games...
  6. keithburgun

Hex Gambit (the new game from One Man Left)

I tried to play the other day and I got this bizarre green-screen flashing error. It really looked like if back in the 90s you had a game selecting the wrong refresh rate or something. Very strange! I'll wait for a patch or something maybe???
  7. keithburgun

GDBC May 2018 Nominations & Discussion Thread

I also do have to dive into Solar Settlers more than I have, so I'd be voting for that. I figure for the voting we can each vote for as many things as we want probably, would work best.
  8. keithburgun

General Music Thread

Thanks for the good answers on the monster voice! I kinda had a sense for some of that but just hadn't heard it elucidated before really. I don't think that LOTR song is as memorable as the Superman theme. However I do think the LOTR music is far more memorable than most big hollywood...
  9. keithburgun

@Zera proposed Super Metroid, I guess for the non-community game.
  10. keithburgun

@BrickRoadDX I appreciate the excitement but no, ETO is not ready for that yet. Probably 1-2 months off still. It's listed in the community games but not in the nominate-able category here.
  11. keithburgun

What is Escape the Omnochronom? A super-preliminary post

Escape the Omnochronom is a single-player, turn based game that is kind of like a Rogue-like meets DotA. You fight monsters, collect loot, use special abilities, and push lanes. Push the top lane all the way to escape the Omnochronom, a strange mechanical world that you're locked inside. My...
  12. keithburgun

WHAT NEXT?

This looks super fantastic. When can we play?!?!?! BTW how do you make gifs? Is there some super easy way that I don't know about?
  13. keithburgun

Dice Game (Coral Reef!)

Oooooo! Awesome. I love that I feel like eventually there's gonna be a BrainGoodGame for almost any theme! :D Looking forward to playing it!
  14. keithburgun

Frostpunk

Yeah, that's I guess one way of putting it. In order to make a game like this, assets cost at lot. So everyone has to kinda come into it and know exactly what they're doing. You can't afford to, halfway through development, cut like 20% (or more) of your asset list because it's so expensive.
  15. keithburgun

General Music Thread

With this kind of thing, that abysswalker thing, I always wonder "what is the value that this low monster voice is adding to this"? Because you can't hear the lyrics (are there lyrics??), there's no melody, and the rhythm is very often just like quarter notes. So I guess it's just about the...
  16. keithburgun

Frostpunk

Hadn't heard of it. The level of production values pretty much DICTATES that there won't be a ton of replay value, though. Hate to say it! I wonder actually if there will EVER be a ton-of-replay strategy game that looks like a AAA game. But with that said I'm curious. It doesn't look like a...
  17. keithburgun

Hex Gambit (the new game from One Man Left)

Hey, Hex Gambit came out, I think today? http://store.steampowered.com/app/458040/Hex_Gambit/ I'll definitely be buying it to support OML and hopefully I'll get around to actually playing it at some point! Anyone else playing it?
  18. keithburgun

Hi everyone! We're starting up the Game Design Book Club, where we all play games together, talk about them, and maybe make a FINAL REPORT at the end of the month. More info on what it is here. Let's just dive right in and start nominating some games. Everyone is allowed 1 older game nomination...
  19. keithburgun

Community Game Master List

This is the list of games that are currently in development by members of this community. LATEST LIST - Last Updated 4.20.18 Crimson Company, by @Nachtfischer Rogue Station Defense, by @Myko "Dice Game", by @BrickRoadDX Unknown game, by @HAPPY SNAKE Nexcom, by @evizaer Escape the Omnochronom...
  20. keithburgun

Game Design Book Club - Ideas thread

Well yeah. I think we shouldn't use a community game until it's like REALLY far along, like pretty close to releasable. Because again we'd be playing this thing for a month. But hmm yeah maybe we need a COMMUNITY DEV MASTER LIST. I'll get on that. Then the developers can state the status of...