Search results

1. keithburgun

Dinofarm News: PLAY NYC and Auro on sale!

Hey everyone, we have a new post up, first one in awhile, about how Dinofarm Games will be at Play NYC this year showing Jelly Bomber, and about how Auro is on sale right now for 30% off! http://www.dinofarmgames.com/jelly-bomber-at-play-nyc-and-auro-on-sale/
  2. keithburgun

Cinco Paus Discussion (June 15 - July 15 GDBC game)

I got a chance to play. Basically, it's a rogue-like, just a very stylish and simplified one. It has all of the strengths and weaknesses of rogue-likes. It is good that Michael Brough knows, consciously or otherwise, that a lot of the difficulty in rogue-likes comes from simply not knowing what...
  3. keithburgun

Current Game Design Book Club Games

The GDBC games for June 15 to July 1 are Crimson Company and Cinco Paus!
  4. keithburgun

June 15 Voting Time!

Here it is! Vote away! :D https://www.strawpoll.me/15889429
  5. keithburgun

Idea: Pusher Minions

Well you already have TWO zero-investment ways of defending lanes: towers and minions. This just makes it not completely uniform. It seems good to me that you can passively protect one lane, since there are two others and you can only, at best, protect one of the two others. So it is a constant...
  6. keithburgun

June 15 Non-Community Game Nominations

I have two nominations. Both of them cost money but maybe upvote them if you own them already or want / are able to get them? Pillars of Eternity II: I just started playing this last night and it seems like to me a rare "good RPG", like it lets you do stuff, and it's open worldy and stuff. I...
  7. keithburgun

June 15 Non-Community Game Nominations

Hey everyone, time to nominate a non-community game! Post your game below and make your case for it.
  8. keithburgun

No, it automatically keeps pumping minions as soon as it can down the selected lane. You only have to go back IF you want EXTRA minions on other lanes (but that costs money) OR if you want to switch the selected lane (also costs a little money). Also you're gonna be going back for healing and...
  9. keithburgun

I mean it depends on how powerful the thing is, right? If you had a thing that blew up an enemy tower every 50 turns, or something that healed you to full every 50 turns - yeah that'd make a huge difference! I picture these Pusher Minions pushing a lane out to at least 60%, maybe a bit more. So...
  10. keithburgun

Okay so I've been playtesting the game on my own and it still is having a problem it has had for a long time where stuff feels too localized and there aren't enough long/medium arc stuff having to do with the lanes that the player can do. In the past, I had tried to fix this by allowing the...
  11. keithburgun

Crimson Company - A Board-Drafting Game

The game in general does this. As you're adding more cards into play, the valuation of any particular card changes. All proposed versions of this game still have this quality. I actually would advise 4 lanes, not 5. 4 is the smallest number that guarantees that you'll always have at least 2...
  12. keithburgun

Yeah the fact that the castles are different colors is confusing to me if they don't do anything. If you're not going to make them mean different things, have them all be the same color.
  13. keithburgun

Played some Crimson Company! Overall it's good, definitely among the best card games I've played, some really good stuff in it. Here are my thoughts. Positive: - I like that it's really easy to learn - I love the lanes system overall - I like most of the powers, they're simple but meaningful -...
  14. keithburgun

Brazen Berry Bonanza

Awesome!! I'm excited to give it another whirl.
  15. keithburgun

"Three bad kinds of randomness, and one good one"

Yeah but it's not like another random severing of the chain of game-states un-does the initial severing. It just means the final outcome is now even more and more noise-influenced, with each one of these. I think if you believe that uniform (or even more uniform) randomness isn't possible...
  16. keithburgun

"Three bad kinds of randomness, and one good one"

No, of course not. That's impossible to deny. But what's crucial is that with input randomness, in all cases, the random information has had time to be processed by the player before it changes the game state in a permanent sort of way (this is probably something I should talk about more). I...
  17. keithburgun

GDBC Community Game Voting for June 1!

Vote it up! :D:D:D https://www.strawpoll.me/15785800
  18. keithburgun

GBDC June 1st Nominations

Someone's gotta nominate Patch Quest, so I'll make that my nomination.
  19. keithburgun

GBDC June 1st Nominations

For June 1 to July 1, let's nominate a new COMMUNITY GAME. Here's the current list of known community games - let me know there if you want updates to i!