Search results

1. Nachtfischer

Crimson Company - A Board-Drafting Game

Just updated the Tabletop Simulator Version! And for the paper crowd also the Print and Play file! Buffs: Alchemist: 3 -> 4 strength Pretty situational effect. Still considering other options, but this is the "safe version" for now. Clumsy Ogre: 4 -> 5 strength Situational, often played as...
  2. Nachtfischer

I like quite a few of the effects but I'm not sure they fit the existing Alchemist artwork/theme. I can see it being a not terribly interesting effect though... What would you guys think of: Alchemist: 4 strength (maybe 5) "Each player destroys one of their cards in this lane." So a...
  3. Nachtfischer

Idea: Pusher Minions

Wouldn't this basically mean you have to be back at base every 50 turns to not waste this free resource? I guess going back frequently has other drawbacks so it might be a decision to make. It just seems weird to have this big global-cooldown ability, which suggests it's bound to your character...
  4. Nachtfischer

I think this comes with a few weird and non-intuitive implications though: - The first card you put into a lane gets a huge boost in importance as it'll stay there forever and can fight for 2 lanes essentially. - You might want to always play in this 1 lane, cause you get to keep the first card...
  5. Nachtfischer

By popular request (mostly on the Discord): Crimson Company Tabletop Simulator Mod Hype!
  6. Nachtfischer

@Nomorebirds: In practice our rule for ties often comes down to the same thing. If nothing changes in a lane you just run into another tie next turn. The Sellsword is an interesting example though cause coin supplies vary between turns as well. You're right about flipped cards giving 0 coins...
  7. Nachtfischer

Sure thing, there you go! @Nomorebirds: So cool to hear. Good luck finding opponents! :D
  8. Nachtfischer

It took us a while to figure out a proper card layout and streamline the rules until our designer minds were satisfied. But today I'm happy to present a first print-and-play version of Crimson Company: PDF Download Of course it would be awesome if you actually took the time to put together a...
  9. Nachtfischer

Ridiculous Modern Videogame Screenshots

German, but the first sentence says "No Pay to Win!"... which I thought was pretty funny, when the right-most character they show you is SUPER MEGA EXPENSIVE and the number is even printed in RED TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT IF YOU DON'T PAY REAL MONEYZ!!!!!!
  10. Nachtfischer

GDBC May '18: Solar Settlers and Gwent

Ok, here's how: First, good decks manage to thin a lot which in combination with a big starting hand and the blacklisting mulligan mechanism makes draw RNG a rare deciding factor. Second, at a (decently) high level you know the meta. When you see the enemy leader you basically know at least...
  11. Nachtfischer

Other CCGs like Duelyst or Faeria. Maybe Prismata, Atlas Reactor and Minion Masters too, but you do get bad matches in those due to low population definitely. @keithburgun : Wikia should be mostly fine. The number one resource is https://www.gwentdb.com But you can also just check out all the...
  12. Nachtfischer

So, I really like Gwent and have been playing it for more than 600 hours over the course of a year. There were ups and downs in terms of how its design evolved (currently we're probably pretty low, I expect the big "Homecoming" update to be a major step up), but I think in any version there was...
  13. Nachtfischer

Hex Gambit (the new game from One Man Left)

I definitely would like to know more about this. "Crowdsurfing" seems like a neat little gimmick, but these days there has to be more beyond "standard turn-based combat on a hex grid" to catch me as a player.
  14. Nachtfischer

Frostpunk

Anyone looking forward to this? It's the new game by the creators of This War of Mine, but this time they're going in a more strategy-ish direction. Not convinced about its replay value yet. All the gameplay I've seen happend on the exact same map with the same tech tree and same decisions...
  15. Nachtfischer

I agree that your suggested rule is superior in terms of being a hardcore competitive game @ussgordoncaptain. I'm not so sure it is in terms of accessibility though. In other words, I'm not sure it's worth its complexity cost overall. It could be an optional "tournament rule" probably. In our...
  16. Nachtfischer

Just in time for the weekend, I managed to put together a first presentable version of the ruleset! Crimson Company Rules PDF (work in progress) As usual, any feedback is appreciated. :) Next up: Dealing with some layout and card size issues to get a print-and-play beta version out asap.
  17. Nachtfischer

New BrainGoodGames Site!

Overall: Awesome! Putting the content (amazing games) together with the updated look, makes this probably my favorite games company website. :D I have some feedback for you: Really like the Home section. Big image, 2 buttons, super clear. Reviews section is okay-ish. The quotes are great, but...
  18. Nachtfischer

BrainGoodBreakfast!

Super cool you're trying for such a regular thing. We can always use more content by great game design minds out there! :) Minor feedback on the first two episodes: The VODs (and I would guess also streams) are really low volume compared to most stuff on YouTube. Maybe it's a relatively easy fix?
  19. Nachtfischer

You can't. You get a regular income of 3 coins (which can be increased by specific cards). Concerning Codex, the biggest lesson I'd personally draw from it is probably to not overwhelm the player with dozens of options at once. And also not with tons of tokens (like damage counters; hence our...
  20. Nachtfischer

You cannot "not bid". The player whose turn it is, has to bid at least 1 coin on a card on offer.