Search results

1. B

Party-Based Open-Handed Fixed-Deck Grid-Based Competitive Card Game

new update! we have a new character in the TTS prototype now: Bottatris, the mad scientist! obligatory link to the prototype. Bottatris' "gimmick" is basically that she controls a bunch of robots, who are targets with their own HP and useful end of turn effects. half of Bottatris' deck is the...
  2. B

alright, long-overdue new update, partially due to the work being harder than expected, mostly due to me being lazy. first of all, big news: we have a prototype (on tabletop simulator)! (note: there's no art yet, at all) here's a link, it even has a rule-book! it's obviously not good yet, it's...
  3. B

Collecting opinions! Honest ones only!

in my experience, if a player can get an advantage, they either will (no matter how boring or annoying it is to do so), or they'll be annoyed that they're at a disadvantage for not tracking that stuff, so it's probably best to either make calculation very difficult (granted, that will only...
  4. B

Sept 1 Community Game Nomination Thread

i'll just nominate ETO again. i want to play it more, but i've been too lazy to.
  5. B

August 15th (er 16th) Non-Community Game Nominations

i'll re-nominate Star Realms from last time. i think there's a lot we could learn from it that would be applicable to the types of games we're making.
  6. B

August 1st-30th community game nomination thread

nominate your games! (provided it's nominate-able,) i'll nominate Escape the Omnochronom from @keithburgun
  7. B

My concept for a Slay-The-Spire-like

i tried it, and i think i like it! there's obviously a lot of room to improve from this early prototype, but i have a question about the way you're handling score (with it being equal to how much gold you got): isn't this just a post-hoc (i think i'm using that phrase correctly) score system...
  8. B

July 15th (er 18th) Non-Community Game Nominations

i'll nominate Star Realms. you can try it for free on steam, i've already played a decent amount vs. AI and it seems pretty good, it actually seems to kind of use the strategic triangle, but in a way that might be bad? like, it can lead to these "i counter you" situations? idk, probably...
  9. B

@keithburgun there is no local hidden information (i.e. information one player knows but the other doesn't), but the decks characters draw from at the end of their turn is face-down, so a new piece of information is revealed every turn (the new card they draw) unless the character is...
  10. B

alright, so a lot of cool stuff related to this project happened around the same time, so time for a big update! feel free to take it one paragraph at a time if you need to! first of all, some systemic stuff: fatigue damage now is equal to the current round, with the average character health...
  11. B

Jelly Bomber Beta 0.001

so i tried the jelly bomber beta, and immediately have some criticisms (most of which are also applicable to dr. mario, to be fair): 1. it seems very sensitive to input errors. i think it's obvious why this is bad for a strategy game. (this is a strategy game, right?) 2. the time dynamics seem...
  12. B

Cinco Paus Discussion (June 15 - July 15 GDBC game)

let's discuss Cinco Paus! i've already played a little, so i'll start with my first impression: Honesty, i'm not really liking it so far, and i think it comes down to 3 reasons: 1. the loss condition feels too... "fragile" or "sensitive", i guess. it seems like you can go from "doing really...
  13. B

Crimson Company - A Board-Drafting Game

so i've played some more of the game, and the big thing i've noticed is that cards which interact with lanes are far worse when there's only 1 lane, and i think that's problematic. what if there were 4 or 5 lanes, but you still won upon getting 2? i don't know if that solution necessarily works...
  14. B

GBDC June 1st Nominations

i don't think Crimson Company has been technically, officially nominated yet, so i may as well do it myself. i've really enjoyed what i've played so far, and want to play more as well as give everyone else a reason to check it out.
  15. B

Crimson Company - A Board-Drafting Game

i got a chance to play a couple matches with my parents, and it was really fun! overall, i liked it a lot and it felt like there was a very high skill ceiling, the only specific feedback i could give is maybe have slightly more flip effects? just slightly more, i don't want everything to become...
  16. B

Pick a "best strategy game" that exists right now

i'm going to say Sentinels of the Multiverse*. (* if you're using fan-made content, and if you're playing solo, and if you can actually find a balanced match-up past the game's huge balance issues, and if you can get past the moments when the villain plays the 1 card that screws up your plan or...
  17. B

the basis which the game was built off of was "sentinels of the multiverse" (particularly played solo), because 1: it was the one game that held my attention the longest by far (~6 months in comparison to the average of ~1-2 weeks), and 2: the game was horribly flawed in SO MANY ways! most of...
  18. B

@richy i can't tell if your first line is sarcastic or not? as to the rest of your post, i'm aiming for ~21 characters (may fluctuate), but each individual card should be pretty simple, some even identical (your basic "deal some damage" "regain some hp" "draw some cards" ect.), so i'm not really...
  19. B

Hello. i'm a young, new designer currently working on an unnamed game i thought i'd tell you all about; it has 2 main "gimmicks": 1: both of the 2 competing players control 5 characters each, and 2: each of those characters have their own hands of cards, but everyone can see all of them. (also...